Life insurance is protection for your family when the unexpected happens.
you can helP your family be financially prepared
Life insurance can give you confidence that your family would be financially prepared and handle expenses in the event of your passing. Life insurance can cover basic living expenses, lost income, and more.
How much do you need?
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- How much of the family income do I provide?
- If I were to die early, how would my survivors, especially my children, get by?
- Does anyone else depend on me financially, such as a parent, grandparent, brother or sister?
- Do I have children for whom I’d like to set aside money to finish their education?
- How will my family pay final expenses and repay debts after my death?
- Do I have family members or organizations to whom I would like to leave money?
- Will there be estate taxes to pay after my death?
OUr local agents can walk you through your options
There are different types of life insurance policies that can be discussed:
- Term Insurance: covers you for a term of one or more years. It pays a death benefit only if you die in that term. Term insurance generally offers the largest insurance protection for your premium dollar. It generally does not build up cash value.
- Cash Value Life Insurance: is a type of insurance where the premiums charged are higher at the beginning than they would be for the same amount of term insurance. The part of the premium that is not used for the cost of insurance is invested by the company and builds up a cash value that may be used in a variety of ways.
- Whole Life Insurance: covers you for as long as you live if your premiums are paid. You generally pay the same amount in premiums for as long as you live. When you first take out the policy, premiums can be several times higher that you would pay initially for the same amount of term insurance. But they are smaller than the premiums you would eventually pay if you were to keep renewing a term policy until you later years.
- Universal Life Insurance: is a kind of flexible policy that lets you vary your premium payments. You can also adjust the face amount of your coverage. Increases may require proof that you qualify for the new death benefit.
- Variable Life Insurance: is a kind of insurance where the death benefits and cash values depend on the investment performance of one or more separate accounts, which may be invested in mutual funds or other investments allowed under the policy.
It's our job to make sure we put a plan together that lets our clients rest well knowing they have the coverage they need in place.
Chris Peper, Owner and Agent
PO Box 350
Napoleon, OH 43545
PO Box 367
Holgate OH, 43527