8 Ways to Prepare Your House for Winter Vacation
- Lock all doors and windows.
- Disconnect your garage door opener.
- Stop all deliveries or have a neighbor collect them for you.
- Use timers to turn lights on and off.
- Be cautious about announcing your plans on social media or voice mail.
- Turn off the water or keep the thermostat above 55 degrees to prevent freezing pipes.
- Arrange to have snow shoveled and sidewalks salted.
- Notify the police of your absence. They will usually do occasional drive-bys to check on your home.
Copyright © 2015 The Cincinnati Insurance Companies
Frost Insurance Agency